Other CFS /FM - Related Sleep Disturbances & Disorders...

Delayed Sleep Phase (also know as Phase Lag Syndrome ) is a common sleep disorder that can be experienced by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome , M.E. and Fibromyalgia sufferers. You can read about delayed sleep phase here...

As a Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome sufferer myself, my body clock is so messed up that I never know when I'll be awake - I can't even predict my sleeping hours for tomorrow! Sometimes I'm asleep all through the day - sometimes I'm asleep only sparodically during the day. Same for the night.

Some weeks I can sleep for hours on end (hypersomnia) - and sometimes I can barely manage an hour's sleep - or can't sleep at all (both hypersomnia and insomnia can be symptoms of CFS , PVFS , ME , and Fibro , although obviously you wouldn't experience them at the same time)!

In fact it's only been a few days since I went through a 'phase' where my sleeping patterns were completely reversed and I was up at night and asleep during the day.

The reversal of sleeping patterns is also a common sleep disorder /disturbance experienced by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome , ME , and Fibromyalgia sufferers. You can read about the reversal of your normal sleeping patterns here...